Cambridge RAG can support a charitable cause in lots of different ways – for more info just ask Will (president@cambridgerag.org.uk)

  1. Bucket Collections
    If you are a charity, apply to Cambridge City council for bucket collection permit. Let us know and we can arrange for student volunteers to help out and collect on your behalf! NB. our most popular days for students are Saturdays!
  2. Student Grant Scheme
    Every May we email out a form to different charitable societies affiliated with Cambridge University, such as Queens’ Charity Committee, or Student Community Action, to apply for a grant of up to £200. The forms will also be available for download on our Facebook page.
  3. Charities of the Year
    Every August, we open up applications to charities to be one of the ten charities of the year. Applications are done online and open for a month, and  with the help of the RAG committee and Giving What We Can,  a short list of around 40 applicants is created. The list is then made into a survey which is able to be voted in by anyone with a Raven log-in, and the top 10 Local, National and International charities are selected.
  4. You
    We are always look to collaborate with other societies! If you have an event you’d like to put on and add a charitable twist, don’t hesitate in getting in touch. We have a wonderful committee of keen and dedicated individuals, and we’d love to support wherever we can.
  5. May Balls
    RAG works with all of the Presidents of May Balls/June Events/Garden Parties to ensure that they are all being charitable and giving a proportion of their ticket sales to charity. RAG picks a handful of charities (around 3 or 4) in late October-November, pitches them to all of the Presidents (at the May Ball Presidents’ Committee meeting!) and two charities are selected by vote; one receiving 75% of the total funds and the other receiving the remaining 25%. Once the charities have been selected, Presidents can decide whether their Balls should give to those charities, or ones closer to their college. Since November 2013, one of the selected charities has been AFRINSPIRE, an education charity based in Uganda, who have received over £15,000 from the May Balls, allowing for the building of one block of three classrooms with an office, one toilet block and the foundations for a much needed second block of classrooms in Mutuwa, East Uganda. In 2014 – 2015, the second charity was Student Minds, and in 2015 – 2016, the second charity is the Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre.